IOM Office in the UK

Heron House
First Floor
10 Dean Farrar St.

+44 20 7811 6000 |

Working hours: Monday to Friday - 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM

For media inquiries contact Abir Soleiman, email:
For all other inquiries, please email


Frequently Asked Questions

Please find answers to the most common questions about our work, when clicking on the questions below.

If you cannot find an answer to your question here, please contact us at:

I am a local authority and we are interested in training our frontline services on identifying victims of human trafficking. Can IOM help with training?

IOM UK deliver bespoke human trafficking and modern slavery awareness-raising training for frontline professionals working across various agencies who may come into contact with potential victims in the course of their work. Please visit our Human Trafficking & Modern Slavery page for further details and/or contact 

I am a local authority employee and we would like assistance in preparing our staff to work with refugees. Can IOM help?

To help address knowledge gaps and aid integration, we deliver Syrian Information Sessions to frontline social workers in UK Local Authorities hosting refugees. The seminars include details about the background, experiences, culture, and values of Syrian refugees.
Please visit our Integration & Community Cohesion page for further details on the Syria Information Sessions and/or contact

I would like to return to my home country. Can IOM UK help?

If you are a migrant in an irregular situation, an asylum seeker or an asylum seeker whose application has failed, and wish to return to your home country, please contact the Home Office Voluntary Departure Service on 0300 004 0202 (Monday - Friday between 09:00 and 17:00).

Please find further information about the Home Office Voluntary Returns Service here.

If you require assistance with travel documents or the flight booking but no additional special assistance, please email:

If you require special assistance, such as medical help or reintegration assistance in the country of return, please contact:

Please note that this is a government implemented programme and you will therefore be sharing your details with them if you choose to contact them. Non-EEA national adults may also be subject to a re-entry ban by taking ‘assisted’ or ‘voluntary’ return.
Please also be aware that the Home Office website also states “You can be forced to return to your home country if you withdraw your application or don’t follow the application process”.

I am a recognised refugee in the UK and would like my family to be reunited with me here. Can IOM UK help?

If you are a recognised refugee (or have been granted humanitarian protection) and would like to be reunited with your family in the UK, you may be able to apply for support from the Family Reunion Travel Assistance Programme through the support services for refugees provided by the British Red Cross. You can find the contact details for the different British Red Cross offices here.

If you have a successful application for family reunion through the British Red Cross, they may contact IOM for travel assistance.

I would like to be considered for refugee resettlement in the UK. Can IOM UK help?

Unfortunately, IOM in the United Kingdom is not able to directly assist individuals to resettle in the UK. In order to find out if you are eligible for resettlement to the UK or another resettlement State as a recognised refugee, please contact your nearest UNHCR office. The UNHCR resettlement webpage here and the UK Country Chapter in the UNHCR Resettlement Handbook (available here) can also provide you with further general information on resettlement.

For further information on the UK government resettlement programmes, please refer to the Home Office website for details of the Gateway Protection Programme, the Mandate Refugees Scheme and the Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Programme.

If you have been accepted for resettlement in the UK, IOM will most likely coordinate your pre-departure and travel assistance.

If you would like information about other ways of relocating to the UK, you can contact your local British Embassy or High Commission for guidance. A list of British Embassies and consulates around the world can be found on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) website.

I would like advice on claiming asylum in the UK. Can IOM UK help?

For information on how to claim asylum in the UK, please visit the ‘Claim asylum in the UK’ page on the Home Office website.

For independent asylum advice and asylum support advice, your can seek further guidance from Migrant Help or on 0808 8000 630.

I would like legal advice about my asylum claim or immigration status. Can IOM UK help?

IOM UK is not able to provide legal advice or immigration advice. If you are in need of legal advice, private solicitors or specialised agencies will be able to help. In some cases, certain agencies may be able to provide the service free of charge.

Consonant is a specialised agency that may be able to help you. Please contact them on +44 (0)207 354 9264 or email at: 

For information about other law firms who may be able to provide asylum and immigration advice you may wish to search the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) Advisor website.

I am permanently migrating to another country. Can IOM UK help me with a reduced air fare?

We offer travel assistance to individuals permanently migrating to other countries. This self-paying service provides individuals with special reduced one-way economy fare and extra baggage allowance, as well as flexible conditions (such as the possibility of re-booking or cancellation without penalty, depending on the airline).

For further information, send an email to: or call us on +44 (0)207 811 6000.

I would like to pursue a career with IOM. How do I start?

You can find vacancy announcements for positions at the IOM UK office based in London on our Vacancies page. Explore employment opportunities at the IOM Headquarters in Geneva or in other country/field offices through this page.

I am a journalist and would like to speak to IOM regarding migration-related matters. Who do I contact?

If you need migration-related information in a UK context for newspapers, TV or radio, please e-mail:

For international matters please contact or contact one of IOM's Media Contacts, based in different parts of the world.