Who we are
WHO WE AREThe International Organization for Migration (IOM) is part of the United Nations System as the leading inter-governmental organization promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. IOM has had a presence in the United Kingdom since 1995.
Our WorkAs the leading inter-governmental organization promoting humane and orderly migration, IOM plays a key role to support the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through different areas of intervention that connect both humanitarian assistance and sustainable development. In the UK, IOM supports migrants through a variety of resettlement, support and protection activities.
- Data and Resources
- Take Action
- 2030 Agenda
The IOM Country Office in the United Kingdom (IOM UK) is one of over 150 country offices, promoting international cooperation and dialogue on migration issues. Today, we focuse our activities on eight broad programme areas:
- Integration and community cohesion
- Immigration and visa support
- Migration and sustainable development (including diaspora engagement and labour mobility)
- Migration policy and research
- Migrant children
- Human trafficking and modern slavery
- Migrant protection and assistance (including voluntary return and sustainable reintegration)